Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 125

Thread: 3 links condemning TS

  1. #81
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 3 links condemning TS

    Hey--the only reason I was thinking that way is because we were in the running for Brent Schaeffer. We were going to say he was from Senegal as an exchange student. But alas, he chose Ole Miss over Coe-town. Our recruiting guru's didn't show him a good enough time on the official visit.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  2. #82
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 3 links condemning TS

    lol getting out recruited by Dan Werner [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

    Anyway, I find it funny that this kid has SUPPOSEDLY played professional ball and has been paid, yet hes not all that good and his parents couldnt afford to send him to Twin Springs for more than 1 semester. I think there is more to this story and some of you guys are grasping at straws.

  3. #83
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 3 links condemning TS

    I guess they took him to Riverview instead of the big time party area of Bondtown huh?!
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #84
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 3 links condemning TS

    Yeah--there were some JJK girls that accused him of statutory rape after they danced at a Riverview party w/them. Charges were dropped, but he still went to Ole [censored] anyways.

    And we all know about those Riverview parties...ain't no party like a Riverview party cause the Riverview party don't stop! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  5. #85
    Inactive Member lpd05's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2005
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 3 links condemning TS

    How much more childish is this going to get. Twin Springs knocked Gate City out of the Region D Championship on Friday, February 24, 2006 in Clinchco, VA. I was their, I saw it.

    This absolutely is over my head with Gate City. Remember when Gate City was having internal "issues" during football season. Remember what the "Evil Empire" done to Rocketeer and anybody who stood up for him? He was absolutely destroyed, plain and simple.

    Never again do I want to hear GC complain about anything sports related. Not about enrollment, holdbacks, transfers, nothing. Way I look at it, the poor ole' "tractor boys," simply took the City for a ride...





    Clintwood Greenwave
    Back-to-Back Region D Champions
    2008 LPD Champions

    "State in '08"


  6. #86
    Inactive Member imported_GC1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2002
    Posts
    1,738
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 3 links condemning TS

    [ QUOTE ]
    As for investigating any charges, the VHSL leaves it up to the member schools to police themselves. The first thing they would do is to call the Twin Springs principal and tell him to look into the matter and report back to them.



    [/ QUOTE ]

    Per VHSL...


    29-1-1 The principal of each member school is obligated to report any violation of
    League rules and regulations to the appropriate district chairman; but if the violation is an
    interdistrict, intergroup or nonmember matter, or is a violation of the Sportsmanship Rule,
    the principal shall report it to the Executive Director. Whenever the district chairman or the
    Executive Director learns officially of an alleged violation, he/she shall make a complete and
    thorough investigation and shall initiate appropriate action through the district committee.
    "We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
    - Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959

    Welcome to the USSA!

  7. #87
    Inactive Member lpd05's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2005
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 3 links condemning TS

    I might add that it was the best high school game I have ever seen, but I really didn't expect this lack of class from Gate City. Most of you all know I want GC gone next year, but this is beyond what I think of the program. Twin Springs should be congratulated and wished good luck.
    Clintwood Greenwave
    Back-to-Back Region D Champions
    2008 LPD Champions

    "State in '08"


  8. #88
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 3 links condemning TS

    Good luck to TS, and their exchange student. But that's not going to keep me from seeing the forest for the trees. There's something fishy going down w/the exchange student sitch @TS, and I'll question it even if I do wish TS good luck in repping Region D at state.

    I'm just analyzing the situation--I'm not sore that TS beat GC--as a matter of fact I told several people after the TS/Haysi & Coeburn/Castlewood games that TS & TV would represent Region D. I was correct.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  9. #89
    Inactive Member UK5's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2004
    Posts
    205
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 3 links condemning TS

    im going to agree with mega, i mean if the kid played pro ball and was being paid, surely he would of had the money to be sent over here to play......thats one reason i don't believe he ever played pro ball......he might of been in a AAU team affiliated with the pro team, that picked up players off of that team.......but this is just something else for someone to complain about......its over with get over it......

  10. #90
    Inactive Member Houndman's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2005
    Posts
    422
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 3 links condemning TS

    He was only about the 8th man in playing time on the team. He only played 75 mts in six games and scored 13 points. Now do you believe he was paid to do that on a 18U team?
    Lives of great men all remind us as their pages o'er we turn, that we're apt to leave behind us letters that we ought to burn.-----Anonymous

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •